BUY LILAC CROWNED AMAZON PARROT
The Lilac-crowned Amazon, also known as the Finsch’s Amazon (Amazona finschi), is a species of parrot native to the Pacific slopes of Mexico. It is named for the lilac-colored crown on its forehead, which distinguishes it from other Amazon parrot species.
Scientific name: Amazona finschi
Appearance: The Lilac crowned Amazon parrot is a medium-sized parrot, reaching an average length of about 13 inches (33 cm). It has a predominantly green plumage, with a lilac-colored crown on its forehead, giving it its name. The feathers on its cheeks and throat are white, and it has a red patch on its wings. Its beak is black, and its eyes are orange.
Natural Habitat: The Lilac crowned Amazon parrot is native to the Pacific slopes of western Mexico, primarily found in regions such as Sinaloa, Nayarit, and Jalisco. It inhabits various forested areas, including tropical deciduous forests, semi-evergreen forests, and mangrove swamps.
Behavior and Personality: Lilac crowned Amazon Parrot are known for their playful and intelligent nature. They are social birds and enjoy interacting with their owners and other household members. They have a reputation for being good talkers and can learn to mimic words and phrases with proper training and socialization. They are also known for their loud calls and vocalizations, which are a natural part of their communication.
Diet: In the wild, Lilac crowned Amazon Parrot feed on a variety of fruits, seeds, nuts, and vegetation. As pets, it’s important to provide them with a balanced diet that includes high-quality parrot pellets, fresh fruits, vegetables, and occasional treats. It’s crucial to avoid feeding them foods that are toxic to birds, such as avocado, chocolate, caffeine, and alcohol.
Lifespan: Lilac crowned Amazon Parrots have a long lifespan, with some individuals living up to 40-50 years or even longer with proper care. Adopting a Lilac-crowned Amazon is a long-term commitment, and potential owners should be prepared for the responsibilities that come with caring for a parrot throughout its life.
Owning a Lilac crowned Amazon parrot requires careful consideration and a commitment to meeting their needs throughout their long lifespan.
Here Are Some Important Requirements To Consider To Own A Lilac Crowned Amazon Parrot:
1. Proper Housing: Provide a spacious and secure cage or aviary that allows the parrot to move around, stretch its wings, and engage in natural behaviors. The cage should be large enough to accommodate their size and provide room for toys, perches of various sizes, and ample space to exercise.
2. Social Interaction: Lilac-crowned Amazons are highly social birds and require regular social interaction with their human caregivers. They thrive on attention, companionship, and mental stimulation. Be prepared to spend time with your parrot daily, engaging in play, training, and social bonding activities.
3. Mental Stimulation: These intelligent parrots need mental stimulation to prevent boredom and associated behavioral issues. Provide a variety of toys, puzzles, and interactive activities to keep their minds engaged. Regularly rotate toys to maintain their interest.
4. Proper Diet: Offer a balanced and nutritious diet to ensure the overall health of your Lilac-crowned Amazon. A high-quality parrot pellet should form the basis of their diet. Supplement this with fresh fruits, vegetables, and occasional treats. Avoid feeding them foods that are toxic to birds, such as avocado, chocolate, caffeine, and alcohol.
5. Exercise and Out-of-Cage Time: Allow your parrot to exercise outside of the cage daily in a safe and supervised environment. This helps prevent physical and mental stagnation. Create a bird-proofed area where they can explore, fly, and engage in natural behaviors.
6. Veterinary Care: Regular avian veterinary check-ups are crucial to monitor the health of your Lilac-crowned Amazon. Find an avian veterinarian experienced in treating parrots and schedule routine check-ups to address any potential health issues promptly.
7. Environmental Enrichment: Provide a stimulating environment with a variety of perches, toys, and activities. Offer opportunities for foraging, climbing, and chewing to simulate their natural behaviors. Rotate and introduce new toys regularly to prevent boredom.
8. Training and Socialization: Early socialization and positive reinforcement training are important to ensure your parrot grows up to be well-adjusted and well-behaved. Teach basic commands, encourage desirable behaviors, and provide opportunities for mental and physical exercise.
9. Noise Considerations: Lilac-crowned Amazons can be noisy, especially during morning and evening hours. Consider your living situation and ensure that you and your neighbors can tolerate their vocalizations.
10. Lifelong Commitment: Lilac-crowned Amazons have a long lifespan and require a lifelong commitment. They can live for 40-50 years or even longer with proper care. Ensure you are ready for the long-term responsibility of caring for a parrot before bringing one into your home.
Remember, each Lilac-crowned Amazon is an individual with unique needs and preferences. Providing a loving, stimulating, and nurturing environment is essential for their well-being.
Free Standard Shipping with any online purchase of $50 (merchandise subtotal excludes store pick up items; merchandise subtotal is calculated before sales tax, before gift wrap charges, and after any discounts or coupons). Truck delivery and shipping surcharges on over-sized or extremely heavy items will still apply (these charges are indicated on the appropriate product information pages and will be displayed in the shipping subtotal of your order). Orders typically arrive within 3-6 business days. Items shipped directly from the vendor or to Alaska and Hawaii have longer delivery lead times. This offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or Business Direct orders.